Sunday, July 24, 2005

New Post/Thread Notification: CreditWrench


Hello,

sixfigurenow has just posted in the CreditWrench forum of CreditWrench under the title of About to get behind on credit cards.....

This thread is located at http://www.creditwrench.com/consumers/showthread.php?threadid=717

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
While my wife and I were separated she ran up quite a sum on credit cards, arounf 70K, I have been paying the minimum payments, got some interest rates lowered but with the consolidation of so many banks now and they have been changing interest rates, it has now become a burden. Right, wrong or indifferent, I have paid them thousands in interest so I don't have the moral feelings I once had and now I need to know what to expect when I stop paying.

They are BankOne which was FirstUSA and now Chase and the others are MBNA. The majority is with Chase and was thinking if I stopped paying them could put alot more towards the smaller ones.

This may not be the forum for this information but was thinking if I did stop paying, then eventually they would go to collections and then I could utilize CreditWrench to help. With this kind of money I am sure they would do everything including sueing to get me.

If anyone has a similiar situation and can let me know how things went with them, I would appreciate it. One last comment; I may be coming into a sum of money down the road and I might could negotiate a settlement with them but by the time they tack on all their fees the debt would be huge.

Help!
***************