Sunday, July 24, 2005

New Post/Thread Notification: CreditWrench


Hello,

Creditwrench has just posted in the CreditWrench forum of CreditWrench under the title of I have proof that I paid! What do I do now?.

This thread is located at http://www.creditwrench.com/consumers/showthread.php?threadid=720

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************

I've gotten a collection notice from OSI Collection Services, Inc. about a claim that I owe Fedex some money (about $30). Now I've only used Fedex once and it was for sending a letter priority overnight. The notice has the tracking number and I found the Airbill and the receipt showing that I paid for this. What's the best way to proceed? I already have proof that I paid this so should I still just go for validation of debt when I can send them copies of the proof that I don't owe anything?
I'd probably do both at the same time. You are apparently within the time limitations (30 days) so I'd demand validation and send copies of the proof that you don't owe them anything.

Send them certified mail, of course. If they keep on bugging you after that let us know and I'll clue you in on what to do next.
***************