Tuesday, August 09, 2005

New Post/Thread Notification: CreditWrench


Hello,

genuwine84 has just posted in the CreditWrench forum of CreditWrench under the title of I'm sick and trouble with creditors...Please Help!!!.

This thread is located at http://www.creditwrench.com/consumers/showthread.php?threadid=746

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
I would suggest that you read through some of the post in the arbitration forum. There are some good discussions there. Maybe you can pick up something that will give you some ideas. I recently received an arbitration claim form Mann Bracken and responded with a letter rejecting arbitration and stating that I never agreed to arbitrate. Unless you always read the fine print I am sure you weren't aware of the arbitration clause, if in fact one exsisted. Make them prove that they had an agreement to arbitrate. Have you ever asked for validation of the debt? After I sent my reply to NAF and Mann Bracken they requested a stay of the arbitration. The letter I wrote is in the student lounge if you are a student. If you are not a student send me a private message and I will give you a copy of the letter. Each case is different so it may not work the same way for you. But you may be able to get some ideas. Also read the arbitration rules you may be able to pick something up from there. In the end if they win a judgement they will be able to seize your bank account. Even if the source of money is exempt form garnishment they will do it anyway just because they can. I went to a similiar situation earlier this year and it took 2 months for me to free my account. So if they win a judgement I would take the money out of the bank.
***************