Tuesday, August 02, 2005

New Post/Thread Notification: Credit repair discussions


Hello,

Creditwrench has just posted in the Credit repair discussions forum of CreditWrench under the title of Bankruptcy (Ch7).

This thread is located at http://www.creditwrench.com/consumers/showthread.php?threadid=728

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
I (&wife) were recently discharged from Ch7 and when I just received my credit reports (copies of all 3 from annualcreditreport.com and all 3 from a paid service) I noticed there were differences between the free reports and the paid for reports. Question 1) Do I need to correct the errors on the "paid" ones as well as the "free ones" (even though they are from the same bureaus?) Yes! The paid one will probably be much more relevant and that is the one you should work with. I'm also wondering whether or not you should complain about the differences to the FTC? Maybe they need to look into that.
Problem #2: The reason we declared Bankruptcy was due to a $ 9000. civil court judgement which we could not pay. On the credit reports it states (for other accounts listed on the bankruptcy "schedule" "Debt included in or discharged through Bankruptcy Ch7,) YET for the Judgement, it does not say ANYTHING. Question 2) Do I need to get this corrected to show that this was also discharged? Thanks all for your anticipated reply.
Both are public records and the only way to get rid of it is to attack it as a void judgment (or at least try to) and if you can get it vacated then it will have to come off. Since it was discharged in bankruptcy you might not be able to get that done. I really don't know about that because all I know about bankruptcy is that it really, really *****.

It could be that if you get it vacated that might also affect your bankruptcy somehow. I just don't know about that.

Best advice I can give others is never file bankruptcy and this new law set to go into effect ought to help people see that it is a real bummer.
***************