Sunday, August 14, 2005

New Post/Thread Notification: Credit repair discussions


Hello,

DaveBis has just posted in the Credit repair discussions forum of CreditWrench under the title of 3 old late CC payments killing me. Help!.

This thread is located at http://www.creditwrench.com/consumers/showthread.php?threadid=757

Here is the message that has just been posted:
***************
One one particular credit card I had 3.5 late payments consecutively about 3 year ago. Those REALLY killed my fico score.

I was having the Mrs do the bookkeeping, and she was not well and overmedicated...and she justt lost track....

The minimal payments were only around $75 per month, so it is not like I didn't have the $....

Right now my middle score is 589....CreditInform tells me that two credit cards which have average balances on them of 6K, both near the limit are hurting me...they say if I reduce them just below 50% of maximum balance, that it will raise my score around 20-30 points....but...I would love to get it just above 670, the better rate threshold for a home refinance.

At 589 FICO on a stated income no points loan, these people want 8.2% interest rates! They're insane!

The credit cards with the 3 late consecutive payments is Chase Manhattan....

I need some advice on how I can tackle that with form letters, plots and strategies.....wish I could just hire someone to deal with all this...but, here I am......

Thanks folks!
***************